Roasted Poblano with Sweet Potato Filling
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Ancho Chili (Poblano Pepper), large
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for the peppers
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, for the filling
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns, for the filling
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Sweet Potato
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), for the filing
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, for the filling
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chili Powder, for the filling
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake sweet potatoes for 45-50 minutes or until they are soft.
- Preheat grill (or oven) to 450. Rub the peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for approximately three minutes and rotate and roast for another three minutes. Peppers should be slightly charred.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about ten minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash them with the other seasonings with a mixer or by hand.
- Take the peppers and carefully cut a slit from the top of the pepper to the bottom but leave the tip uncut. Gently cut out the core and scrape the seeds out.
- Fill the pepper with the sweet potato mixture. Repeat with the rest of the peppers.
- Bake the stuffed peppers at 400 for approximately 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is browned on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you are roasting the peppers in the oven they may need a few extra minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week