Roasted Garlic Sweet Pepper Soup
Roasted Garlic Sweet Pepper Soup. Colorful, low-calorie soup flavored with roasted garlic, fresh herbs and a jalapeño pepper. Perfect for detox meal plan, or as the first-course of an elegant meal.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Garlic, bulbs
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Red Bell Pepper, seeded and quartered
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Parsley, chopped
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Chicken Broth, free range
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut off the tops of the garlic bulbs to expose ends of individual cloves. Leave the garlic whole and peel of the papery outer layers. Place bulbs, cut ends up, and onion in a small baking dish. Sprinkle with rosemary; drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of the oil.
- Place peppers, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast the garlic, onion, and sweet peppers for 20 to 25 minutes or until garlic feels soft when squeezed and peppers are charred and very tender.
- Bring foil up around peppers and fold edges together to enclose. Let stand about 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Squeeze the garlic from the cloves into a bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, loosen edges of skins; gently pull off skins in strips and discard.
- In a blender or food processor combine garlic, onion, sweet peppers, parsley, basil leaves, jalapeno pepper, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Add 1 cup of the broth; cover and blend or process until smooth.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week