Roast Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Whole Chicken, preferably organic or free range
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Salted Butter, organic, melted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Yellow Onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- Pre-heat oven to 210 degrees C.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry
- Place the chicken in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Place all the vegetables around the chicken.
- Mix the spices and butter in a bowl and pour over the chicken and vegetables, making sure that everything is coated well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven
- Cook for 15 minutes, then then turn over the chicken and vegetables and cook for another 15 minutes (this will help crisp the skin up).
- Turn the oven down to 190 degrees Celsius and cook for 50 minutes or until the chicken's temperature is above 170 degrees Celsius. Make sure you turn the chicken and vegetables a few times while cooking.
- Take out of the oven and let is rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve with the vegetables.
You may wish to use some of the remaining juices to make up a healthy gravy - I haven't perfected mine yet, so stay tuned and I will let you know!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week