Reishi Pudding Cups
Pudding cups are a fun treat to keep around if you want a bit of sweet to enjoy. We posted a recipe for these years ago, but I wanted to make an updated version that incorporates Reishi Mushroom Elixir powder from Four Sigmatic. You could pretty much consider this treat a superfood with the egg yolks, gelatin, cocoa, and mushroom powder.
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Coconut Milk
- 2 2 2 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand, You can add an additional tablespoon of gelatin, and these will set up more like gummies (I normally make them this way)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, or a pinch of vanilla beans if you have it
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, Organic
- 3 gram 3 gram 3 gram Reishi Mushroom Elixir Powder, 1 packet
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- Liquid Stevia Extract, a few drops, to sweeten even more. I find that if you use too much, the bitterness of this extract will not work well, so I balance it with Maple Syrup.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Empty the entire can of coconut milk into a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the 2 egg yolks and whisk. Make sure you incorporate the egg yolks before the coconut milk gets too hot, or you'll end up with scrambled eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to incorporate. Stir with a spoon to eliminate bubbles, then pour into small bowls, mason jars, or ramekins.
- I dusted a little bit of remaining Reishi powder from the packet onto the top of each pudding cup. (optional step)
- Set the pudding in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours, until cool and set. Will keep refrigerated for one week.
For some fun variations on this recipe, you could add 1/2 tsp of our Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of the Reishi powder for Chocolate Pumpkin Spice cups. You could also try 1/2 tsp of our Gingersnap Spice for Chocolate Gingersnap Pudding.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Other Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.