Raw Chocolate Raspberry Slice
The classic pairing of chocolate and raspberry works so well in this slice. The chocolate nut base has the perfect crunch to it, the raspberry layer is soft and sweet and the chocolate layer will leave you wanting more.
- 1 2/3 cup 1 2/3 cup 1 2/3 cup Cashews, raw, Macadamias or almonds work well too [1 cup for BASE, 2/3 cup for middle layer]
- 5/6 cup 5/6 cup 5/6 cup Cacao Powder, Raw, [1/3 cup for the BASE, 1/2 cup for the top layer]
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted [3 Tbsp for BASE, 1 Tbsp for middle layer]
- 12 pieces 12 pieces 12 pieces Dates (Medjool), pitted [BASE]
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Raspberries, Organic, fresh or frozen [Middle layer]
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut, shredded, [Middle layer]
- 7/8 cup 7/8 cup 7/8 cup Maple Syrup, Pure, [6 Tbsp for Middle layer, 1/2 cup for top layer]
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cacao Butter, (or melted coconut oil) [Top Layer]
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- [Base] Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until all the ingredients are well mixed and the nuts are crushed.
- Add mixture to a lined tin, smooth out with a spoon and place in the freezer to set.
- [Middle Layer] Blend all but the coconut oil in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and blend until well combined.
- Add to the base and smooth over with a spatula or back of a spoon and place into the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- [Top Layer] Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat (I highly recommend shaving or chopping the cacao butter into smaller portions before adding to the double boiler).
- Add the organic maple syrup to the double boiler and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in the cacao powder.
- When well combined pour over the middle layer and smooth over with the back of a spoon.
- Put back into the freezer and let it set completely (around 1 hour).
- Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the freezer (I recommend the freezer as the raspberry layer softens easily).
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.