A creative twist on the classic cookie favorite—slightly sweetened but full of spice for a lighter, healthy Holiday dessert
- 1.25 cup 1.25 cup 1.25 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar, for garnish
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon, for garnish
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon sugar sprinkles and set aside.
- Thinly slice butter and set aside to soften.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to mix in honey, pumpkin and butter. Continue to stir with a spatula until a small ball of dough has formed. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Scoop dough into small balls, continuing to form small round shapes with your hands. Roll snickerdoodles in cinnamon sugar sprinkles.
- Place balls onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to gently flatten cookies.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, the cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Share and enjoy. Use any left over cinnamon-sugar sprinkles to sweeten your morning cup of coffee.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week