Pumpkin Poblano Turkey Chili
Pumpkin Poblano Turkey Chili. Healthy, kid-approved recipe for chili is ready in just under an hour. Full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron and potassium.
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Poblano Pepper, green, chopped
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Turkey
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Cumin
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a stock pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and poblano peppers and cook, stirring, until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the turkey, chili powder, cumin and salt and cook until turkey is white, another 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes, add the fresh oregano, and then simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole and chopped cilantro.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week