Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Bake
This recipe for pumpkin (butternut squash) pie has no added sweetener and can be eaten on the 21DSD as long as you use a green tipped banana! However if you’re not used to naturally sweetened desserts I recommend you adding honey or any other sweetener. I didn’t want something too sweet to start my day since I’m eating it for breakfast!
- 1 1 1 Butternut Squash, medium
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Banana
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour, (can be omitted, makes it a have a thicker texture)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
- pinch pinch pinch Allspice, ground
- pinch pinch pinch Nutmeg Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by chopping up your butternut squash. What I do is chop it right where it starts to become fat, then I peel the two sections.
- After they are peeled I cut them both in half so I'm left with four pieces. Then I scoop out the seeds and then dice it up into 1" chunks!
- Put your diced squash in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, approx 10 minutes.
- After your squash has cooled a bit, set oven to 375. Puree the squash in a food processor with your eggs.
- After mixture is incorporated, add banana, coconut flour (if using) and spices.
- Pour the mixture into a (greased/sprayed) pie pan or deep baking dish.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.