Pumpkin Pecan Pie
The best pumpkin pie you'll ever have.. This "half baked, make ahead" real food recipe, set in a pecan crust.. is seriously delicious! So go on.. Give it a whirl! I promise, you're going to love it! And if you dare to top it with some dairy free ice cream.. it's going to taste like a slice of heaven!
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Pecans, Ground up in food processor.
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, + 1/2 tsp for the pie filling
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Molasses
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Gelatin, Unflavored, Knox brand
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Cinnamon Stick, Whole
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Allspice, ground
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Pumpkin Puree
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Egg Yolk
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Cream
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the pecans in a food processor.
- Pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the pecan flour into a mixing bowl and add the sea salt and baking soda.
- Melt the butter in a small pot.
- Once it's completely melted, transfer to a small mixing bowl and add the molasses and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Continue to stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Place the dough in a 9 inch pie dish and smooth out, over the dish, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium size pot, add the gelatin, maple syrup, sea salt, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and all spice.
- Then add the pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and coconut cream.
- Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Remove the crust from the fridge.
- Allow the filling to cool a little before pouring it into the crust.
- Place it in the fridge for several hours or until it's completely solid and set.
- Do not cover it or the top of the pie will not be smooth.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeNightshade Free Pescetarian Pies Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.