Pumpkin Crème Caramel
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash, or pumpkin, medium size
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Raw Honey, + 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 2.5 cup 2.5 cup 2.5 cup Grass-fed, Whole Milk
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Organic Walnuts
- Cut the pumpkin or squash in small pieces, clean and peel it and add it to a medium size saucepan.
- Add water to it and boil for about 20 mins or until it is soft. Do not over-boil and still make sure it's soft.
- Using a hand-mixer, mix the eggs with 1 cup honey.
- Add the milk to the eggs and stir with a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, gas mark 5.
- Add the 3 Tbsp of honey to a metal baking tray and put in the oven to caramelize. Careful not to burn, it burns very quickly, so keep an eye on it. The honey will start bubbling up and when it has become a nice golden-brown colour, take it out.
- Spread the pumpkin in the baking tray and try not to squash the pieces.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the pumpkin and pour the egg mixture on top.
- Return to the oven and cook till the mixture is set. It took me about 35 mins, but every oven is different.
- When the mixture has not set yet but is not far from it, add the crushed walnut pieces on top.
- Once it's ready, take out and leave to cool.
- Serve it nicely chilled with a spiced chai tea.
If you've boiled too much pumpkin, mash it and store it in an airtight jar in the fridge for future uses in vegetable mash or soups.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week