Pumpkin Chicken Curry
As the weather starts to cool down I crave soups, curries and all things warn and hearty. Not to mention all things pumpkin! With those things in mind I set out to create something that combined my two favorite things about fall! This pumpkin curry truly hit the spot and is perfect for fall! Its warm and inviting flavors will warm you up on any fall day without being too spicy!
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Bamboo Shoots
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Coconut Milk
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime Juice, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Melt coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat,
- Add onion and saute until soft, 4-5 minutes. Once softened, add in bamboo shoots, red pepper, garlic and salt. Stir to combine and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add in the curry paste and cook for about a minute, stirring to make sure eveything is coated.
- Add in the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. While chicken is cooking, mix pumpkin puree and coconut milk in a seperate bowl.
- Once chicken is browned, add in pumpkin and coconut milk mixture, Stir to combine.
- Let mixture simmer for 8-10 minutes until wamred through.
- Distribute into bowls and use lime juice to taste.
This is not very spicy. If you want to add some heat, add in some cayenne pepper with the vegetables,
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week