Pumpkin Cake Donuts
These donuts are the perfect autumn treat! Goodies Against The Grain donuts are baked, not fried, and have a lovely texture- just like a cake donut. Also, they’re topped with the most luscious glaze, made out of only four ingredients. Enjoy, and have a lovely day!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Pastured Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, or honey
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Cream, for the glaze
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Manna (coconut butter), melted
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Organic Walnuts, for topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup and oil. Until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, spice, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir until the mixture is smooth. Note: This batter will much thicker than cake batter.
- Spoon the mixture into your donut pan, filling each section up to the top, but not covering the holes. If your pan only holds six donuts at a time, just repeat this process after, for the remaining four donuts.
- Bake the donuts for 15-18 minutes. After letting them cool for 5 minutes, flip the pan upside-down, transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Repeat steps 5-6 with remaining batter.
- For the Glaze
- Stir together all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl, until it is shiny and smooth, and there are no lumps.
- To glaze the donuts: Have the smooth, round side of the donut facing down and dip it into the bowl of glaze. Repeat with each donut. Now, eat the remaining glaze with a spoon!
- Now sprinkle the tops of the donuts with chopped nuts (optional).
- Serve! Enjoy these delicious, delicious donuts with family and friends.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week