Pulled Pork Barbecue
One of the great treats of summer is pulled pork barbecue. We make this recipe paleo with a delicious and light barbecue sauce that brings tangy sweet flavors to the pulled pork, without any added sugars.
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, peeled
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Pork Shoulder
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse pork under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut slits into the entire pork shoulder and stud with cloves of garlic.
- Place pork in crock pot and cover with chicken broth.
- Cook pork on low for 8 hours.
- While the pork is cooking, make the barbecue sauce.
- After 8 hours of cooking, remove the pork from crock pot, and let cool.
- Discard thick layers of fat, connective tissues, or veins.
- Shred pork by pulling apart the meat using two forks.
- Toss pork with barbecue sauce, garnish with avocado slices, and enjoy!.
The garlic infused, juicy pork shoulder is great on its own, but even better with the barbecue sauce.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
So simple, so moist, so perfect! I made the bbq sauce and loved it’s smoky flavor. I had never considered serving bbq pork with avocado. It was amazing. I will make this again and again.
Made this this morning on my way out the door – and it was a delicious, delicious dinner! I think I’d add some jalepeno or poblano pepper seeds to add a mild kick, but other than that – it was just wonderful. Also made the bbq sauce and it was an absolute hit.
will make this again … and it would be something i’d be proud to serve to others, too. Thanks for showing me a way to look great in the kitchen! 😉
I’m not really a fan of pork so I made this not knowing if I’d like it and wow, it’s really good. I think next time I’ll try it with shredded chicken. You must try it with the BBQ sauce recipe they give mmmmm mmmm.