Pressure Cooker Paleo Pork Vindaloo
Make this melt in your mouth Paleo pork recipe in minutes, thanks to the use of a pressure cooker.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lard
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Pork Shoulder
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yam, peeled and sliced
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 8 cloves 8 cloves 8 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1.5 - 2 whole 1.5 - 2 whole 1.5 - 2 whole Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Cloves, ground
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Beef Broth
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp White Vinegar, distilled
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prep your vegetables and chop the pork butt into 1-2" cubes. Season the cubed meat with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the lard to a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Once the lard is melted and just starting to smoke add the seasoned meat and brown on all sides. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the yam, parsnips, garlic, onion, mustard seeds, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and cloves to the pressure cooker and stir to combine. Let cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onion starts to become soft.
- Add the pork to the pot along with the beef broth, chopped tomatoes and sherry vinegar. Stir everything then add the lid.
- Bring pressure up to high and once the pressure signal pops, reduce heat down to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes, making sure pressure stays consistent.
- Follow the natural release method by removing the pressure cooker from heat and allowing it to sit until the pressure inside reduces and the signal lowers.
- Serve over Garlic Shiitake Steamed Rice with a side salad.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week