- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Potatoes, White, grated
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Onion, grated
- pinch pinch pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
- pinch pinch pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Potato Starch
- 1 1 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced], for frying
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Ghee, for frying
- Sour Cream , optional condiment
- Applesauce, unsweetened, optional condiment
- Peel the potatoes. Grate the potatoes and onion. Combine and place in a clean kitchen towel, and squeeze out the liquid.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper, the potato starch, and a whisked egg. Combine with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Form mixture into small pancakes and gently place in the hot oil. Fry for 2-4 minutes per side, depending on how hot the oil is.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with sour cream or applesauce.
You can use any oil or fat you'd like, to fry these. Just pick something that's relatively neutral in color and flavor.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week