Pork Pot Roast
Spending more time at home right now? Us too. Comfort food to the rescue again! This amazing pork loin pot roast is surprisingly easy to make and provides enough food for a few meals (or one meal for a larger family).
- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Loin Sirloin Roast Pork Roast
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), or other high temp cooking fat
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Amore
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 6 cloves 6 cloves 6 cloves Garlic, whole, unpeeled
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 3 3 3 Carrots, large, chopped
- 3 3 3 White Potatoes, peeled and chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Salt the pork roast all over, and sear in the ghee or your choice of cooking fat in a large oven-safe dutch oven over medium high heat. Sear for 2 minutes per side.
- Season the pork with the Primal Palate Amore blend (or other salt-free Italian-inspired blend).
- Add the chopped onions and whole garlic cloves (in their skin) to the pot. Cover with the lid, and place in the preheated oven for 90 minutes.
- After cooking 90 minutes, add the carrots and potatoes to the pot, cover, and cook for an additional hour. The roast will be done when it measures over 145 F in the center of the roast. Cooking time will vary based on the size of the roast, your oven temperature, and what you cook it in.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week