Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples and Onions
I always have to make something with apples (like Instant Pot Applesauce) if we're making pork chops. This dish is so much easier though! One pan throughout means easier clean up too.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Honeycrisp Apples, or Pink Lady, thinly sliced
- 1/2 whole 1/2 whole 1/2 whole Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Pork Chop, two chops, bone in
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Primal Palate Amore
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork chops with Himalayan pink salt on both sides.
- Add the ghee to the skillet, coating the entire skillet surface with the ghee.
- Place the chops in the skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side.
- Once seared, turn the heat down to medium, and season the chops with the Amore Seasoning. Remove the chops from the skillet, and set aside.
- Add the stock to the skillet to deglaze, and quickly stir in the Dijon mustard.
- Add the onion to the skillet, and sauté until the onion starts to soften, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the apple slices to the skillet, and continue to cook while stirring frequently until the apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pork chops back into the skillet, and spoon the juices from the skillet over the chops, apples and onions.
- Serve the pork chops topped with the apples and onions.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week