Pomegranate Glazed Chicken
- 500 gram 500 gram 500 gram Chicken Thigh, skin on
- 300 ml 300 ml 300 ml Pomegranate Juice, pure
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Granulated
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice only
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Onion, Spring, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Almonds, flaked and toasted
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Pomegranate, seeds only
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the glaze ingredients into a pan on a moderate heat and stir thoroughly.
- Place the pomegranate juice, honey, lemon and cinnamon into a pan on a moderate heat and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly heat the glaze until it starts to come to a boil. Keep stirring and you will start to see the glaze thicken.
- Remove from the heat and set aside. Take each chicken thigh and place into the glaze pan and roll until coated.
- Place into a casserole dish and coat again with the glaze; keep some back for serving.
- Pour 2 tbsp pomegranate juice into the casserole dish; place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Plate up the chicken and top with the almonds, pomegranate seeds and spring onions. Pour over the remaining pomegranate glaze and enjoy.
If you find that the pomegranate glaze gets too thick and syrup like then just add a touch more pomegranate juice and heat gently whilst stirring. The glaze may harden when left so you can use the same process to soften for serving once the chicken is cooked.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week