Pomegranate Glazed Chicken
This recipe came from a desire to cook some finger food that would wake up my taste buds and make me want to go back for more. I wanted to create a glaze rather than a sauce and my thoughts instantly went towards something sticky and sweet; however I wanted to avoid the usual barbecue based glazes. I was looking for something fresh and zesty to awaken my taste buds and explore a whole range of flavour sensations. A pomegranate based glaze therefore seemed to be the perfect choice and creates a delicious sweet yet sour sauce which is perfect to liven up your chicken. To serve the chicken I add a sprinkling of flaked almonds, spring onions and pomegranate seeds. I really wanted this dish to retain a finger food quality so the garnish has been kept simple and limited to let the chicken do the talking. This recipe can be served as a snack or with some sweet potato wedges and homemade coleslaw for a tasty, family friendly dinner.
- 500 gram 500 gram 500 gram Chicken Thigh, skin on
- 300 ml 300 ml 300 ml Pomegranate Juice, pure
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Granulated
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice only
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Onion, Spring, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Almonds, flaked and toasted
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Pomegranate, seeds only
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the glaze ingredients into a pan on a moderate heat and stir thoroughly.
- Place the pomegranate juice, honey, lemon and cinnamon into a pan on a moderate heat and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly heat the glaze until it starts to come to a boil. Keep stirring and you will start to see the glaze thicken.
- Remove from the heat and set aside. Take each chicken thigh and place into the glaze pan and roll until coated.
- Place into a casserole dish and coat again with the glaze; keep some back for serving.
- Pour 2 tbsp pomegranate juice into the casserole dish; place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Plate up the chicken and top with the almonds, pomegranate seeds and spring onions. Pour over the remaining pomegranate glaze and enjoy.
If you find that the pomegranate glaze gets too thick and syrup like then just add a touch more pomegranate juice and heat gently whilst stirring. The glaze may harden when left so you can use the same process to soften for serving once the chicken is cooked.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nightshade Free Shellfish Free Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.