Pineapple Nutmeg Detox Smoothie
Who knew nutmeg complimented pineapple so well! This delicious, healthy smoothie also contains a hidden serving of veggies.
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Baby Carrots
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pineapple, fresh or frozen, cut in large chunks
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Banana, use overripe banana, mashed well, and packed tightly into the measuring cup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk, (full fat is best)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Pineapple Juice, or less, if you want a thicker smoothie. See note.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the carrots in a microwave-safe bowl and cover 3/4 high with water. Cover the bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until softened. Drain the water and allow carrots to cool until they are at least comfortable to touch, and ideally at room temperature.
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and puree on the high/liquify setting until smooth. Add more liquid as needed to keep things moving, and/or more spices to taste.
- Pour into your glass, garnish with granola (see note) and a dusting of nutmeg if desired, and serve immediately.
If you don't have or want to use pineapple juice, you can use any citrus juice (orange or grapefruit would be great), coconut water or tap water. You can also use all coconut milk for a richer, extra-creamy smoothie. Grain Free Granola recipe: http://acleanbake.com/2015/01/grain-free-granola.html
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.