Pineapple Fried Rice
Hayley has been wanting to make Pineapple Fried Rice for a LONG time, and we finally did it! This recipe is so simple. If you decide to make it, you'll get best results with day old cooked rice. Be prepared to eat way more than you think you should!
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Jasmine Rice, Cooked rice, preferably made the day before
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Green Onion, sliced for garnish
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Carrots, small dice
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Green Peas, frozen
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 2 2 Eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pineapple, canned, chunks
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Maple Sugar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the rice a day ahead of time (if you use freshly cooked rice, it will end up mushy). Using leftover rice is ideal.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Once heated, add about 1 Tbsp of ghee or butter to the wok. Then add the carrots and onion and stir fry until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the frozen peas and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the rice to the wok, along with the remaining ghee or butter. Toss to combine.
- While the fried rice is cooking, scramble two eggs in a separate pan. If you want to limit dishes, you can do this step first in the wok, and set aside.
- Add the pineapple chunks to the fried rice, along with the coconut aminos. Continue to stir fry.
- Break the scrambled eggs into small pieces and add into the fried rice. Toss to combine, and serve garnished with a little sliced green onion.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week