PERFECT ROASTED POTATOES
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Potatoes, White, **yellow potatoes** washed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, fine
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the potatoes into into large bite sized pieces (1" or so square).
- Mix the potatoes with the olive oil and salt.
- Spread potatoes into a single layer, making sure to leave space between (about 1/2-1" between each piece), in one or two cast iron pans.
- If you don't have more than one pan, you may need to cook the potatoes in multiple batches. (It's worth the extra time!)
- Bake for 30 minutes, then flip the pieces and cook for 10-15 minutes more until crispy.
- Serve immediately.
If you do not have a cast iron pan(s), use baking sheets lined with tinfoil instead. The side of the potatoes that is face down will brown more quickly, so you may need to check on and turn the potatoes more than once during the cooking process. Make sure you leave as much space between each piece of potato as possible. Use 2 baking sheets if necessary. Having enough room between the potatoes is the key to making them crispy. If they are too close, the moisture each piece releases as it cooks will steam the pieces around it, and it will be harder to get the crispness that we want. They will be at their most crispy right out of the oven, but soften up fast. When possible, serve immediately after cooking. Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. They'll never be quite as perfectly crisp as when you first pull them out of the oven, but you can reheat leftovers in the oven or a heavy-bottomed pan (such as cast iron) to get a little bit of the crispness back before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week