Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
A great winter, holiday treat.
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs, Pastured, room temperature
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Cocoa Powder, Organic
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Honey, Raw, divided
- 1.333 Tbsp 1.333 Tbsp 1.333 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp Peppermint Oil, divided
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced], for frosting
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder, for frosting
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill cupcake pan with liners, or use a little extra coconut oil to grease the cupcake pan.
- In a stand mixer, or a large bowl with hand mixer, combine eggs, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 3/4 cup honey, and coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Finally, add in the 1/2 tsp peppermint extract.
- Fill the cupcakes about 3/4 full.
- For mini cupcakes, bake for about 9 minutes. For regular cupcakes bake about 20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- For Frosting: In a medium sized bowl, use a spatula to fold the arrowroot powder into the palm shortening.
- Add 1/4 cup honey, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract. Use a hand mixer to beat the frosting.
- Place the bowl into refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe frosting onto the cupcakes. Start in the middle and work the frosting into a circle around the outside. Make additional, smaller circle until the top.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week