Pecan Pie Squares
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour, + 1 tsp
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, + 4 Tbsp melted
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted, chopped
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, add the 1/4 cup coconut flour, almond flour coconut sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse briefly to blend.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter, 2 eggs, and vanilla and pulse until well blended. The mixture will begin to form a ball.
- Press the dough into an 8x8 pan lightly greased with coconut oil. Use a spatula to smooth and distribute the dough evenly.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Meanwhile, add the dates to the food processor and pulse until it begins to form a paste or a ball.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut flour and pulse until blended.
- Slowly pour in melted butter (or coconut oil, if you can't tolerate dairy) and pulse until well blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- When the crust is ready, remove from the oven, pour the filling on top and spread it around evenly.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set.
Coconut oil can be substituted for the butter for those who need a dairy-free recipe.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week