Pecan Pie Squares
These Paleo Pecan Pie Squares capture the rich goodness of pecan pie without all the fuss -- and the junk!
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour, + 1 tsp
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, + 4 Tbsp melted
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted, chopped
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, add the 1/4 cup coconut flour, almond flour coconut sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse briefly to blend.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter, 2 eggs, and vanilla and pulse until well blended. The mixture will begin to form a ball.
- Press the dough into an 8x8 pan lightly greased with coconut oil. Use a spatula to smooth and distribute the dough evenly.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Meanwhile, add the dates to the food processor and pulse until it begins to form a paste or a ball.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut flour and pulse until blended.
- Slowly pour in melted butter (or coconut oil, if you can't tolerate dairy) and pulse until well blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- When the crust is ready, remove from the oven, pour the filling on top and spread it around evenly.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set.
Coconut oil can be substituted for the butter for those who need a dairy-free recipe.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeNightshade Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.