Classic Bolognese seems like a lot of work to make, but it is actually quite simple, and well worth the time! This flavorful meat sauce will be a favorite among the family, with everyone asking for seconds.
- 1 1 1 Carrots, diced
- 2 2 2 Celery, stalks, diced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef, 93% lean
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Wine, red
- 2.25 cups 2.25 cups 2.25 cups Tomato Puree (Strained Tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic
- 2 2 2 Bay Leaf
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large pot, or enameled cast iron dutch oven, warm the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, celery and onion to the pot and saute while stirring until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the pot, and cook while stirring, until the beef is browned, and has released its liquid.
- Drain the liquid from the pot, and season the beef and vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add the red wine to the pot and stir to combine with the meat and veggies.
- Add in the pureed tomatoes, and tomato paste, and stir to evenly combine.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and add 2 bay leaves to the pot.
- Allow the sauce to come to a bubble for a few minutes, and then turn down to low, and cover with a lid.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with gluten-free Tagliatelle pasta (we prefer Jovial brand), or your choice of spiralized vegetable noodles.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week