Paleo Zuppa Toscana Recipe
In this Paleo version of the Olive Garden classic, velvety smooth cauliflower puree replaces the traditional potatoes and cream.
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, Plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 5 cup 5 cup 5 cup Chicken Broth (Organic, Free Range, Low Sodium)
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Italian Sausage, Hot, Chicken sausage works well.
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Kale, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 1 1/2 cup of 1/2 inch florets from head of cauliflower and spread them out on small baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside for garnish.
- Chop the remaining cauliflower crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and salt and sautee until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and chicken stock and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low and cook until cauliflower is completely tender, 25-30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is simmering, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 7 minutes. Crumble into pieces aside. Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned, 3-5 minutes, crumbling it into pieces as it cooks. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- When cauliflower is tender, pour the cauliflower and stock into a blender and puree.
- Return the pureed cauliflower mixture to the stock pot and add the sausage and the chopped kale. Cook until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve piping hot, garnished with the roasted cauliflower pieces and bacon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week