Paleo Waffle Hash Brown
My love for waffles is big. So it was time to be the culinary ninja I know I am and think of something fun with the waffle maker. Right then a McDonald’s commercial came on for their breakfast with that greasy hash brown (you can find inspiration from anywhere!) and a light went off! OMG sweet potato waffle hash browns! So I went recipe testing and came out with this awesomeness! ENJOY guys! Make sure you tag us on Instagram if you make these yummies, I wanna see your creations.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato, Pealed / Shredded
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, to taste
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Water, To cover
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Turn on your waffle iron
- Toss the shredded potatoes into the bowl
- Fill the bowl up with cold water till the potatoes are covered and let sit for 3 min.
- Drain out the water from the bowl and place your potatoes in the middle of a towel and roll up
- Now use those muscles and ring out all the water from the potatoes and place back in the bowl
- Add the egg and spices into the bowl and mix well
- Open up that waffle iron and brush the ghee heavily over the waffle pan (top/bottom)
- Make 4 balls with your potato and spice mixture and place into your waffle iron
- Close down all the way and let it sit! It will be steaming like crazy, don't be scared
- I cooked mine for 8 min, but every iron is different so just keep checking to make sure you don't burn anything
Top this bad boy with a friend egg or use for hamburger bun, the possibilities are endless!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Coconut Free Dairy Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.