Paleo Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Tomatoes and Onions
Brisket reminds me of my childhood and my grandmother's delicious home cooked food. The recipe for this Paleo Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Tomatoes and Onions couldn't be simpler. It is also loaded with flavor and perfect to make ahead or enjoy for a dinner party!
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Beef Brisket
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- 28 oz 28 oz 28 oz Diced Tomatoes, with the liquid
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse beef brisket and pat dry.
- Grind both salt and pepper over both sides of the meat.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, sear the brisket on both sides until golden brown, about two minutes per side.
- In a separate pan, heat over medium heat and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute onions until golden brown.
- Add brisket, fatty side down into your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- On top of the brisket, place the cooked onion, minced garlic, tomatoes, stock and add a bit more salt and pepper.
- Cook on the slow cook setting in your Instant Pot for 6 hours.
- Cooking the meat for 6 hours will allow you to slice it for a nice presentation. If you like your meat more tender so that it completely falls apart, cook for 8 hours total.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week