Paleo Seed Bread
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Flax Seed Meal
- 175 gram 175 gram 175 gram Chestnut Flour
- 30 gram 30 gram 30 gram Coconut Flour
- 40 gram 40 gram 40 gram Pumpkin Seeds
- 40 gram 40 gram 40 gram Sunflower Seeds
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Eggs
- 120 ml 120 ml 120 ml Water
- 120 ml 120 ml 120 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda, (or bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, flaked
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Beat together the oil, water, eggs and salt
- Grind half of the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Add to the chestnut flour with the remaining whole seeds. Add the bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix the dry mix into the wet mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the coconut flour to bring it together to a thick-ish paste.
- Spoon into a 2lb loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge to loosen and tip onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep in a cool place and use within 3 days, or freeze individual slices to have at the ready.
Ideally you need to be purchasing flax or linseed meal as this is already ground and perfect for adding straight into the recipe. You should be able to locate this at health food stores but if they are not able to help then you will be able to find it online without any issues. When it comes to grinding the sunflower and pumpkin seeds you can do this in whatever way you find easiest. If you have a grinder then perfect; if not you can try chopping them up or using a pestle and mortar to break into smaller pieces. Use whichever option is easiest for you.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week