Paleo Pumpkin Scones
These Paleo Pumpkin Scones combine the delicious tastes of fall with the sweet touch of chocolate and maple
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Nutmeg
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Ginger
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cloves
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, + 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, optional
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Butter, melted
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted, + 1 Tbsp melted
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Coconut Flour
- 3 oz 3 oz 3 oz Dark Chocolate, broken into small pieces
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour and spices together in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, egg, 3 tablespoons maple syrup and vanilla. Pour into butter mixture and stir gently until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips if desired. The dough will be sticky.
- Line a flat, hard surface with parchment paper. Press dough onto the paper in a large rectangle. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the rectangle into squares, then cut each square diagonally to form 16 triangles. Use a spatula to gentle move each triangle apart from each other (they will loose some shape) or bake as is and cut again if needed to separate before serving.
- Move parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate the cookie sheet halfway through to help with even baking.
- While the scones are baking, prepare the glaze of your choice (Maple or Chocolate) or cut the recipes in half and do some of both!
- When scones are finished baking, let cool slightly then drizzle or spread the desired glaze on top. Serve and enjoy!
- To make the maple glaze, whisk together the coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut flour. If the glaze is too thin, refrigerate for a few minutes until the desired consistency is reached.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat. Cool for a few minutes before drizzling over scones.
I recommend Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips for the scones.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week