Paleo Pot Roast
With a short amount of time devoted to preparing this Paleo Pot Roast recipe, the oven will take care of the rest of the cooking for you.
- 2.5 - 3 lb 2.5 - 3 lb 2.5 - 3 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast, grassfed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Onion, halved and quartered
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Carrots
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Grapefruit, juiced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup fresh Dill, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the chuck roast and brown on all sides; transfer to a plate.
- Add onions and toss until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and add carrots, water and grapefruit juice plus 2 pinches of sea salt.
- Scrape the beef bits from bottom of the pan and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add onions to a deep baking dish, spoon carrots in with onions and add fresh dill. Add meat on top along with pan juices.
- Cover and roast for 2 hours.
- Slice and serve. (Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.)
Olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to taste.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week