Paleo Onion Rings
These Paleo onion rings are baked, not fried. Serve this game day recipe with your favorite dipping sauce or as a topping for a burger.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion
- 0.66 cup 0.66 cup 0.66 cup Cashews, raw, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Paprika
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, beaten
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Chop the ends off the onion, peel and slice the onion (larger than 1/4" thick). Remove the rings and transfer the smaller bits to a dish for later use in a salad or dressing.
- Prepare the stations. I used my Pampered Chef coating trays but you can easily use a few glass dishes or bowls. In the first station beat your eggs until the yolks and whites are combined. In the second station combine the cashew meal, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. In the third station spread a layer of parchment across your baking sheet and let's get dippin'!
- Dip the onion rings into the beaten eggs and using the fork for the egg station flip the onion so it's equally coated. Transfer the dipped onion to the cashew mixture and use a new fork for the second station to flip and equally coat in the dry mixture. Then transfer the coated onion to the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Continue this process until your baking sheet is filled. Note: If you don't let all the drips drop off before you move from the egg station to the cashew station your dry mixture will start to clump up fast and you will need to add more ingredients and start over. So be sure to let the drips drop.
- Bake the onions for 6 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 4 minutes. Transfer to the broiler for 30 seconds to a minute to brown and finish. Let the onion rings cool. They will firm up further if you let them sit.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Coconut Free Dairy Free GAPS Pescetarian Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.