Paleo Dry-Rubbed Spare Ribs
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Pork Spareribs, Or Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Barbecue Rub, (Ready Made Spice Mix for Ribs! See alternate spice mix below)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning, Alternate Spice Mix (or other Adobo Seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt, Alternate Spice Mix
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric, Alternate Spice Mix
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Tandoori Spice, Alternate Spice Mix (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder, Alternate Spice Mix
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika, Alternate Spice Mix
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano, Alternate Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic, Alternate Spice Mix
- Fill a large pot of water two-thirds full and bring it to a boil. Peel back and remove any silver skin from the underside of the ribs. Place the ribs in the boiling water and parboil for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs from the water and set on a rimmed baking sheet or drying rack to cool.
- While the ribs are cooling, combine all of the ingredients for the spice rub in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle the ribs liberally with the spice rub, covering all sides.
- If you have a smoker, smoke the ribs on low (200–220°F) for 1 hour to build a nice smoky flavor. If you don’t have a smoker, you can give the ribs some character by grilling them. To use this alternate method, preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-low. Place the ribs on the grill and lightly sear for 15–20 minutes, moving them around to ensure that they cook evenly. Serve with barbecue sauce, if desired.
If you don’t have adobo seasoning, you can make some yourself using the recipe on pg 272. Typically it can be found in grocery stores among the other spices and spice blends. If you have a smoker and would like to build even more flavor, set aside about 4–5 hours for this recipe. Smoke the ribs on low (200–220°F) for 3 hours to start, then wrap them tightly in foil along with a cup of your favorite pure apple juice and smoke over medium heat (250°F) for an additional 1–2 hours.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week