Paleo Double Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
My husband's favorite pie is chocolate so I combined that with traditional fall flavors to give you this Paleo Double Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grain-Free Pie Crust (click for recipe)
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, white chocolate, divided ( 3 oz finely chopped, 1 oz melted)
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Coconut Milk, canned (full fat)
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp ground Ginger
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Cloves
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Make the crust according to directions.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle white chocolate over bottom of crust. Return to oven to melt chocolate, about 1 minute. Spread chocolate in a thin layer on bottom and up sides. Let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Make the filling: In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt semisweet chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, coconut sugar, eggs, tapioca, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and a pinch of cloves in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/3 pumpkin mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in remaining pumpkin mixture until completely incorporated.
- Transfer pie dish to a rimmed baking sheet, and pour pumpkin mixture into crust. Bake until center is set but still a bit wobbly, 60-75 minutes.
- Let cool in pie dish on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours (preferably overnight).
- Before serving, drizzle melted white chocolate on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week