Paleo Cauliflower Chicken Chowder
Paleo Cauliflower Chicken Chowder is unbelievably good and good for you, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and soy free. You will be amazed at how hearty flavorful and satisfying this chowder is, and it is super easy to pull together. Use a Cooked Organic rotisserie chicken from your local store to cut down on cook time. If you want to keep this vegetarian, skip adding the chicken the chowder.
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, diced
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Bay Leaf
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Chicken, Whole, skin removed and meat shredded
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Parsley, Flat Leaf, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in arrowroot until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and coconut milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12-15 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with bacon, avocado and parsley, if desired.
Use a precooked Organic Rotissaire Chicken. You can freeze soup. If you are going to freeze, do NOT add bacon or avocado.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Soups Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.