Banana Nut Muffins
These delicious banana muffins have all the flavors you love from banana bread, but in individual size portions. These muffins will fill your house with the warm, sweet smells of banana bread, and make a wonderful addition to your brunch spread!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, overly ripe
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Organic Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Blend, (sub: 1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees, and line a muffin tin with 10 muffin papers.
- Dice, or lightly mash the two bananas with a fork, and set aside. You do not want the bananas to puree, you want small pieces.
- In a small prep bowl, stir together the almond flour, Primal Palate organic Cinnamon Sugar Cookie blend, and 1 tablespoon of the finely chopped walnuts from your 1/3 cup.
- In a food processor, or high speed blender, pulse the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs, and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the palm shortening, and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a small mixing bowl, and fold in the banana, and the rest of your finely chopped walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin tin with the batter.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with your crumb topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with grass-fed butter or ghee.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week