Paleo Apple Crisp
You know what speaks to me, right?! Something a little savory and a little sweet, with a whole lot of crumbly goodness on top. Yep. That is all I need. This simply sweet paleo apple crisp is just the right amount of sweet. Is it calling your name, too? I mean just look at it…does this paleo apple crisp not scream savory, all cooked in a cast iron skillet?!
- 7 whole 7 whole 7 whole Apple, organic, Peeled, cored, and sliced
- 0.125 cup 0.125 cup 0.125 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, Can substitute almonds or walnuts
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Butter, Organic, Softened
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Blueberries, Fresh or frozen
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by placing your jar of coconut butter in a bowl filled with hot water to soften it if it is firm and/or crumbly.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Then peel, core, and slice your apples. Set them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add your maple syrup and cinnamon to the bowl. Toss to evenly coat the apples. Then, pour the apple mixture into a cast iron skillet or 9x9 inch baking dish. Set the bowl aside; you'll use it again.
- Make your topping. Place your nuts in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are mostly fine with just a small amount of clumps remaining. Place your nuts in the bowl you used for the apples. Add the coconut butter, coconut sugar, and salt. Use a fork to mix it up. Don't worry about the coconut butter clumps. Let the mixture get a little more clumpy.
- Sprinkle the crumbly mixture over the apples. I like to make a pretty thick layer, but top to your liking.
- Add your blueberries right to the top, sprinkling them about.
- Place your skillet or baking dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top gets golden brown and toasted. You may have to bake it a little longer if you use your skillet.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve! Enjoy this paleo apple crisp all on its own or add a little vanilla ice cream on top!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week