Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Almond Meal/Flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Cinnamon, + 1 tsp for tossing
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground (vanilla bean powder) Vanilla Beans
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee, melted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin, or paper cups. (I usually don't use paper cups, it's just extra trash.)
- In a bowl with a spout, mix Almond Flour, 2 tsp of cinnamon, Vanilla Bean Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the diced apple, and the remaining one tsp of cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (you can also do this by hand) beat eggs until fluffy, and stir in honey, maple syrup, applesauce, and ghee. Mix well.
- Slowly add the the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture. You don't have to worry about over mixing like you do when baking with gluten, so mix away!
- Once the batter is well combined, add in the diced apples.
- Using a spatula, give the batter a couple of good turns to make sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- With an ice cream scoop, or ladle, carefully pour batter into the prepared muffin tin. I filled each a little more than 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when pierced.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before carefully removing to continue cooling on a wire rack.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, I really love the fact that it makes relatively small batches so that I don't feel guilty for eating so many.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week