Paleo Apple Cardamom Muffins
What’s better than a warm muffin on a cold Autumn morning?! These Paleo Apple Cardamom muffins have the PERFECT amount of spice and the perfect amount of sweet apple flavor. And the pecans take it up another notch! They’d make a great addition to a special breakfast or even a Thanksgiving table! Holidays can be daunting for those of us who have diet restrictions or who just don’t want to go on a sugar and gluten spree. However, I’ve found that some of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes are even BETTER when recreated with healthier ingredients. There are so many ways to make food flavorful and amazing, while also aiming for nourishment. And though these muffins aren’t sugar-free and fall into the treat category, they’re still going to be easier on your body than eating muffins with a bunch of refined sugar, flour, and dairy.
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Pastured Eggs
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Cardamom Seed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Honeycrisp Apples, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pecans, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease muffin pan or use liners (but may stick to liners a bit without greasing).
- Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into the pan, spreading it out to make 12 muffins.
- Bake for 30 minutes (check with a toothpick and leave in if they need more time).
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week