Paleo Angel Food Cake
This light and refreshing cake is a wonderful dessert for any birthday, or special occasion! Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.
- 12 12 12 Egg Whites, at room temperature
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Maple Sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Allow your eggs to come to room temperature at least 30 minutes before preparing the batter. After 30 minutes, separate the yolks from the whites. You can use the yolks to make mayonnaise, ice cream, or pudding!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your cake pans by placing them on a baking sheet for easy removal out of the oven. Do not grease the cake pans.
- Pour your egg whites into the bowl of a standing mixer, and sift the maple sugar twice.
- Sift together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat your egg whites on medium speed until frothy. Add the cream of tartar, and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the mixer speed down to medium-high, and drizzle in the vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer speed down to medium-low and add the maple sugar, one spoonful at a time, being sure to allow each spoonful to fully beat into the whites before adding another.
- Once all of the sugar is combined, turn the mixer speed back up to high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and fold in the flour mixture, one spoonful at a time.
- Sprinkle in the lemon zest, and fold that in as well.
- Spoon the batter into your cake pans, smoothing the top with a spatula, and bake in the center of the oven, on the middle rack for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If using an angel food cake tube pan, turn the pan upside down for the cake to cool. Allow the cake to cool completely before attempting to remove it from the pan. Run a knife along the edge of the pan before releasing the spring on the side of the springform pan.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week