Oven Cooked Bacon
Save that fat - it is delicious. Pour it into a heat-safe container and store in the fridge until you want something to taste extra good by cooking with it. Once the bacon is all cooled off, I wrap up two slices at a time in paper towels and store them in the fridge for later. To reheat, pop the paper towel bundled bacon in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. My super awesome microwave from the 1980s in the rental property where I live doesn't have a digital display, but I assume it was around that long since that's about how long it takes to reheat in a microwave that shouldn't be kicked off a cliff. I like doing this on the weekend because by Wednesday it's like hell yeah, I have bacon.
- 8 pieces 8 pieces 8 pieces Bacon, or more if you have a larger cookie sheet
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out bacon slices on the sheet so there's a little space between them.
- Put in a COLD oven.
- Set timer for 20 minutes, and turn oven on to 400F.
- Rotate cookie sheet halfway through.
- If the bacon doesn't look done enough after 20 minutes, give it an extra minute at a time until it reaches the desired doneness.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week