Our Best Ever Pizza Crust
Our latest and greatest version of Paleo Pizza Crust is the best we've ever had! It's crispy on the outside and a little chewy on the inside with a nice amount of bubbling in the crust. You're going to LOVE IT!
- 1 1/4 cup 1 1/4 cup 1 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp ground Psyllium husk
- 2 1/2 tsp 2 1/2 tsp 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp 2 1/2 tsp 2 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast, Rapid Rise Yeast
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Water, warm, 100 degrees
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Pastured Eggs, at room temperature
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a standing mixer, combine the cassava flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, rapid rise yeast, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Warm 2 cups of water over medium-low heat until it reaches a measured 100 degrees.
- Add the warm water to the flour mixture while it's running on low speed.
- Add the olive oil, and one egg at a time. Turn the speed up to medium, and mix the ingredients until you have a smooth dough.
- Grease a medium sized glass bowl with olive oil, and pour the pizza dough into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place in a warm spot in your kitchen to rise for 1 hour.
- After one hour, preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and scoop out equal amounts of dough onto each baking sheet.
- Since this is a very sticky dough, be sure to dust the dough with arrowroot flour, and press the dough out into a pizza shape, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Repeat this process with the other dough. You should have two medium size pizza crusts from this amount.
- Make sure you have your oven rack set on the middle level, and one right below it.
- Place the pizza crusts into the oven, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, switching the trays half way through.
- Once the crusts have pre-baked, turn the oven temperature up to 450, and top your crusts as desired. We love using our Super Gyro blend on a Margherita style pizza,
- Bake the pizza with the toppings for 15-20 minutes, depending on whether your oven runs hot or cool.
- Once the pizza has baked with the toppings, you can choose to finish it on the grill if desired. For this you will just want to make sure your grill is heated to medium (about 450 F), and oil the grates before putting the pizza on. Grill the pizza for about 3-5 minutes, making sure that it does not burn. Rotate the pizza if necessary.
- Slice and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week