Oreo Cream Pies
- 0.66 cup 0.66 cup 0.66 cup Sunflower Seeds, Ground into flour (see notes)
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, Organic, Dutch cocoa powder is ideal
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Honey, Raw
- 0.33 cup 0.33 cup 0.33 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Cream, Or full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- Mix the coconut cream, shortening, vanilla and maple syrup together until thick and place in the fridge for 20-30 mins while the cookies bake and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the honey, oil, and egg. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- On a greased cookie sheet, scoop 20 even sized balls of cookie dough and press them to flatten. The dough will not spread significantly on its own.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sandwich a dollop of cream between two cookies and repeat until you have ten cream pies. Enjoy!
To make sunflour, grind raw sunflower seeds in a high speed blender or coffee grinder and sift. Don’t over process or you’ll end up with sunbutter! If preferred, sub the sunflour with almond flour 1:1. Place your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and the thick cream will naturally separate. Be careful not to shake because you need to scoop the cream out without the excess liquid. Store your Oreo Cream Pies in the fridge for the cream to hold its consistency.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week