Citrusy and tangy, this orange chicken is deliscious and fresh. It goes well with most veg and especially with swede mash.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Chicken Thigh, skin on
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Chicken Drumstick, skin on
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Red Onion, cut in rings
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Orange, juice
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Honey, Raw, or maple syrup
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, crushed and minced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Parsley, Flat Leaf
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Dill, fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Choose a large wok with a lid or another non-stick pan with a lid.
- Add the chicken, olive oil, salt and black pepper to it and cook on very high heat for 2 mins so that the meat seals.
- Turn the temperature down, add the garlic, close with the lid and cook for 45 mins or until the meat is tender and no pink juices come out of it. Stir occasionally in order to prevent the meat from cooking.
- Meanwhile, add the orange juice and honey to a small saucepan and bring to boil. Boil on high heat for 5 mins stirring occasionally. Continue boiling for another 5-10 mins until the liquid has thickened a bit.
- When the chicken is ready, add the onions to it and cook for a little while till the onions are a bit cooked but still have a slight crunch to them.
- Add the orange sauce to the chicken and stir.
- Add the hearbs to the chicken.
- Serve while hot.
Goes very well with swede mash.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week