One-Pot Orange Honey Garlic Roasted Chicken
Gluten free One-pot Orange Honey Garlic Roasted Chicken. The sweet and savory orange sauces makes this roasted chicken so moist and flavorful. It’s easy to make in the dutch oven and a total crowd pleaser for family or holidays! Paleo and dairy free!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Whole Chicken, 2.5 pounds
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange, and its juices
- 0.125 cup 0.125 cup 0.125 cup Granulated Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, after chicken cooked
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, after chicken cooked
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First clean your chicken and remove excess fat.
- Tie the legs of roasted chicken together with string. Set aside.
- Cut an orange into quarters. Squeeze the juice into a bowl but keep the oranges for later.
- Combine your juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, and other remaining spices in one small bowl. Mix well.
- Place Chicken in dutch oven on stove top. Pour juice and garlic and honey mixture over the chicken, coating it nicely and evenly.
- Place oranges around chicken in the dutch oven.
- Cook on medium heat covered for 30 minutes on stove.
- While chicken is on stove, preheat oven to 450F for later use.
- After 30 minutes on stove, transfer the dutch oven pot with chicken into the oven uncovered and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Skin will be crispy on top.
- Remove and spoon any extra juice from pot and coat it again over chicken.
- Serve with veggies!
I used 5280 meat organic whole young chicken.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week