Omelette Breakfast Roll
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs, beat with 1 tbsp water
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Lard
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Mushrooms, white, raw, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon, Raw, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomato, flesh only, chopped
- 25 gram 25 gram 25 gram Rocket, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Heat the oil or fat in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the mushrooms and bacon until cooked; add the tomato and rocket.
- Pour in the egg mixture, stir and shake the pan gently so the contents settle flat
- Cook over a medium heat, loosening the edges as you go, until nearly set.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid or a large plate for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and then allow to cool before rolling.
- Loosen the sides, and the base if needed, with a bendy palette knife.
- Place a plate over the pan and tip confidently over.
- Repeat the process with another plate so that you have the top side facing upwards.
- Roll into a tight fat cigar and cut in half. Serve cold, but preferably not chilled.
My tip for making sure that the omelette is cooked through, without burning the bottom, is to remove from the heat when nearly set and cover with a lid or a plate for a few minutes. This lets the top of the omelette cook without the bottom over browning and also without rendering the egg rubbery. When cooking with bacon you should be looking for brands that are free from nitrates and fillers. This can be difficult to find in supermarkets but there are plenty of online meat suppliers who offer high quality bacon that is Paleo friendly. If you need any tips then just get in contact or leave a comment at the bottom of the post and I can provide some recommendations for you. This recipe can feed two people, especially if you are having something on the side, but will also be the right amount for one hungry person who needs a good hearty and nutritious start to the day.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week