Nutty Paleo Granola
Crunchy granola full of filling coconut flakes, nuts and seeds.
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pecans, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Walnuts, Organic, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Hazelnut, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut, shredded
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almonds, Slivered
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Set oven to 150 C (300 F).
- Combine all the nuts, seeds and coconut in a bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs white, vanilla bean/extract, coconut oil, sea salt and honey until it becomes slightly fluffy.
- Pour egg white and coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well (don't be afraid to use your hands to make sure all the nut mixture is covered.
- Spread out the granola mixture in a semi thin layer on a piece of non stick parchment (note: it is important that the mixture is somewhat even in thickness as this will prevent certain areas from burning while other parts coming out too soft).
- Place the granola in the middle of the oven and bake at 150 C for 7-10 minutes until the granola is golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and turn the granola over to ensure all of it gets cooked.
- Bake for another 4-7 minutes until all the granola is golden brown in colour. Make sure to keep a close eye on it during the last minutes to prevent it from overcooking.
- Remove from oven again and leave to cool completely before breaking apart the larger pieces of granola to the size you want.
Keeps well stored in a cool dry place in an airtight container.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week