Nut-free Pesto (from Make It Paleo 2)
This nut-free pesto is the perfect sauce for a nightshade-free pizza! Check out this recipe and many more in our second cookbook, Make it Paleo 2, available in stores and online (Link above).
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds, (raw)
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup fresh Basil, (packed cups)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, (about 10 grinds)
- Naked Pizza Crust (Cappello's), (Pizza Crust Option) Buy your Pizza Crust from our friends at Cappello's
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a food processor, pulse the sunflower seeds and garlic until evenly chopped. Add the basil and continue to pulse.
- With the processor running, add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Use pesto immediately, refrigerate up to 4-5 days, or freeze for longer-term storage.
Keeps 4-5 days refrigerated, or up to 2 months frozen.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week