No-churn Maple Walnut Coconut Cream Ice Cream
A delicious non-dairy treat!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the coconut cream with the vanilla extract to stiff peaks (about 2 to 5 minutes), then refrigerate.
- Combine the salt, egg yolks and maple syrup in a medium heatproof mixing bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk slowly and constantly until smooth, approximately 5 minutes. Tip: Make sure the bowl is not touching the water. You only need about an inch of water in the pot.
- Remove from heat and beat on medium speed until mixture has cooled to room temperature, about 5 minutes. Tip: The mixture will thicken as you beat it.
- When the mixture is cool, stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the maple mixture into the cold whipped coconut cream and fold with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until set, 8 hours to overnight.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week