Mulled Wine Granitas
These granita dishes are a fun way to serve an adult treat –– and they're absolutely gorgeous too!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon Red wine
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Sugar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange, (juice of)
- 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Vanilla Bean Pod, seeds removed from pod; pod discarded
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain wine mixture into a 9x9-inch baking dish and freeze for 5-6 hours or until completely frozen.
- Scrape with a fork and divide evenly amongst dishes.
- Garnish granita with fresh or dried fruit slices for a finishing touch. (optional)
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week