Moroccan Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries
Crispy Moroccan Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries please kids and their paleo parents alike. Garnish with fresh mint and a squeeze of lemon.
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cumin
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Ginger, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Coriander, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Allspice, ground
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch sticks
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch sticks
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots and sweet potatoes sticks in the olive oil, coating all.
- Add the mixture of spices and toss again.
- Spread the carrots and sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in upper third of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until brown and crisp.
The 20-minute preparation time accounts for the hard work of cutting all those carrots and sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch fries. The extra time is worth it, since thicker fries won’t be as crispy and because we’re cooking with high heat, bigger fries will be overdone on the outside and underdone inside. It’s also important not to overcrowd the baking sheet – use two if necessary.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Side Dishes
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.